(1) Lamb Niku-jaga
Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4)
200 g thinly sliced lamb
300 g potatoes
80 g carrot
12 snow peas
2 pieces kombu, each 3 cm square
1 tbsp vegetable oil
15 g butter
400 ml water
1 tbsp mirin
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1. Sprinkle and rub the meat with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the potato, the carrot and the onion.
3. Stir-fly the lamb and vegetables with butter and oil.
4. Add the water and kombu into a pan. Let it simmer and add the seasonings.
5. Serve it with the ground pepper and blanched snow peas.
(2) Strawberry Shira-tama Dumplings
Ingredients (Serves 3)
200 to 300 g strawberries
100 g Shiratama-ko (glutinous rice flour)
40 to 50 g silken tofu
5 g powdered Okara (soybean pulp)
Azuki (red bean paste)
1. Cut some strawberries into half. They will be used for decorating.
2. Mix and knead the glutinous rice flour (Shira-tama flour) with strawberries, tofu and powdered Okara (soybean pulp).
3. Shape the dough into small rounded dumplings and blanch in a boiling water. Make them chill with ice water when they are cooked.
4. Arrange them in a glassware with Anko (sweet bean paste) and strawberries as you like!