With famous movie monsters, dancing robots and one-of-a-kind bars, Kabukicho has become a hot new spot for tourists from abroad.
Godzilla Head Bust A life-size bust of the head of the King of the Monsters lies on the 8th floor of the Shinjuku Toho Building, erected in 2015. Close-up views available to hotel guests and cafe customers.
VR Zone Shinjuku Opened in July 2017. Features ten different state-of-the-art VR attractions, including exclusives based on popular anime and video game franchises.
Robot Restaurant Has gone viral on social media around the world since opening in 2012. Perhaps the best-known attraction in Kabukicho among foreign tourists. Features three dazzling shows a day starting at 5PM.
Shinjuku Golden Gai This labyrinth of tiny bars received two stars from a famous global travel guide in 2009. Interest is growing among foreign tourists. Some, but not all, bars have cover charges.
Capcom Bar This bar and restaurant operated by the world-famous video game company serves meals and drinks based on various video game franchises. Has a high reputation on social media. Also sells game-themed merchandise.
Idol Cafe & Bar Otome House Opened in March 2017. Staffed by active and aspiring pop music idols who put on in-house live shows and make handmade dishes from scratch.
- 1) Godzilla Head Bust
- Address: 1-19-1 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku
- 2) VR Zone Shinjuku
- Address: 1-29-1 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku
- 3) Robot Restaurant
- Address: 1-7-1 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku
- 4) Shinjuku Golden Gai
- Address: 1-1-8 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku (and surrounding area)
- 5) Capcom Bar
- Address: Pasela Resorts Shinjuku Honten 1F, 1-3-16 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku
- 6) Idol Cafe & Bar Otome House
- Address: Za Katerina 10FA, 1-3-15 Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku
- Business owner / Business Producer / Editor-in-chief of "My Philosophy "
- When did you first come to Japan?:
- I was born in Tokyo and moved with my family to New York at age three and spent my formative years in the USA. I returned to Japan in 1995.
- What I like about Tokyo:
- I feel safe and excited being in Tokyo since you can probably do anything here. I travel abroad numerous times and when I come back I feel the Japanese hospitality since I grew up outside of Japan. I like that there are many restrooms anywhere (lol)