Tokyo is packed with embassies, and the people who work in them know some great ways to enjoy the big city. In this series, ambassadors and embassy staff show us what they love about Tokyo.
December 13, 2017Watch Live in
The Embassy Take on Tokyo, Part 12: Belgium
Palace cycling Every Sunday, about three kilometers of road adjoining the plaza at the Imperial Palace is closed to automobile traffic, and the space becomes an area for cyclists to enjoy. Bicycles can even be rented for free.
Intermediatheque A museum featuring an extensive collection from the University of Tokyo, one of Japan's premier educational institutions. The collection contains items pertaining to both natural and cultural history. Admission free.
Patissier Shima With a showcase featuring over 40 types of sweets, this Kojimachi cake shop uses authentic French and Belgian ingredients for its refined cakes.
Antwerp Central This restaurant features some 60 varieties of Belgian beer and traditional cuisine, plus an art deco interior and terrace seating.
- 1) Palace cycling
- Address: 2 Kokyogaien, Chiyoda-ku
- 2) Intermediatheque
- Address: 2-7-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku (inside Kitte shopping center)
- 3) Patissier Shima
- Address: 3-12-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku
- 4) Antwerp Central
- Address: Tokyo Bldg. Tokia B1F, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku
- Address: 1-10 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku
- Address: 1-12-10 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku