Tue. 14:55 - 15:00 (UTC)
<Repeats> 20:55 / Wed. 2:55 (UTC) Sat. 1:55 - 2:00 (UTC)
<Repeats> 7:55 / 13:55 / 19:55 (UTC)
Simmered Mackerel in Miso
- Ingredients (Serves 4)
- *1 mackerel
*1 knob ginger
*1/2 cup sake
*3 tbsp miso bean paste
*3 tbsp sugar
*3-4 tbsp mirin sweet cooking sake
*4 tbsp soy sauce
*1/2 cup water
1 Fillet the mackerel into three pieces. Cut them on the bias into 4cm wide pieces.
(How to fillet the mackerel into three pieces)
- Put the parchment on the cutting board so that the cutting board won't absorb the fish smell.
- Cut off the head. Slice the stomach open with the tip of the knife.
- Open with your fingertips. Remove the innards and wash.
- Wipe it dry with paper towel.
- Slice from the tail. Turn it over and slice the other side.
Keeping the knife flat, cut horizontally from the tail along the side of the spine to loosen the top fillet. Turn it over and repeat on the other side.
- Wrap the leftovers from the fish in the parchment and throw it away.
- Shave off the bone.
- "Fillet a fish into three pieces" means two fish flesh and one bone.
2 Peel the ginger and slice it.
3 Put the sake, miso, sugar, mirin, soy sauce and water in a pan. Bring it to a boil and place the mackerel into the pan.
4 Add the ginger. When the cooking liquid comes to a boil again, put a lid on and simmer over a low heat.
5 When the liquid is reduced, and becomes thicker, we are done. (Takes about 10 minutes)