(1) Chicken Breast with Cucumber and Wine Vinegar Dressing
1 whole chicken
1. Rub the chicken with salt and sear the surface in a pan.
2. Roast the chicken in an oven for about 40 minutes.
3. Grate the cucumber. Add some wine vinegar, chicken stock, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Slice the breast meat. Drizzle with the cucumber sauce. Garnish with amaranth leaves.
(2) Roast Chicken Thighs with Chestnuts, and Caramelized Kanpyo and Daikon Radish
Grilled chicken thighs
1. Prepare the oven roasted chicken thighs.
2. Sauté shiitake mushrooms, steamed potatoes and deep-fried and steamed chestnuts in a pan with oil. Season with butter, salt and pepper. Add Italian parsley.
3. Sauté the chopped kanpyo, daikon radish and onion. Caramelize them with honey. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Plate the chicken with mushrooms, potatoes, chestnuts and caramelized garnish.