(1) Cabbage Rolls in Golden Dashi
Ingredients (Serves 2)
6 cabbage leaves
100 g ground chicken
50 g Shirataki
1 green onion (chopped)
Whole grain mustard
400 ml dashi
3 tbsp mirin
1 1/2 tbsp Usukuchi soy sauce
1. Parboil the cabbage leaves and sprinkle with salt.
2. Chop up the Shirataki (Konjac noodles) and parboil.
3. Mix the ground chicken well with salt, pepper and beaten egg. Add the cabbage's chopped vein and green onions and Shirataki.
4. Tightly wrap up the filling into the inner cabbage leaf, then roll it again with an outer, larger leaf. Secure with a toothpick.
5. Simmer the rolls in a kombu and Katsuo dashi broth, seasoned with mirin and Usukuchi soy sauce for 15 minutes.
(2) Butter Shiitake Rice with Ponzu
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3)
3 shiitake mushrooms
200 g ground chicken
3 green onions (chopped)
20 g butter
3 tbsp ponzu soy sauce
450 g cooked rice
1. Cut the shiitake mushrooms into 1cm chunks.
2. Season the cooked rice with salt and pepper. Coat the rice with the beaten egg.
3. Heat the butter and stir-fry the ground chicken and shiitake. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Put the rice into a pan and drizzle with ponzu. Stir-fry until fluffy.
5. Top with chopped green onions to serve.