(1) Uni Sushi Cocktail
Ingredients (Serves 6)
300 g cooked rice
40 g Uni (sea urchin)
1 tsp olive oil
A pinch of salt
For sushi vinegar:
3 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp rice vinegar
1. Place freshly cooked rice into a wooden Handai or sushi tub.
2. Drizzle the sushi vinegar (salt, sugar and rice vinegar) over the rice and mix. Cool with a fan.
3. Dice the cucumbers and lay them in the bottom of the cocktail glasses.
4. Cover with sushi rice and top with Uni and garnish with wasabi. Drizzle with the good quality sea salt and olive oil.
(2) Scallops with Uni, Butter and Soy Sauce
Ingredients (Serves 4)
80 g Uni (sea urchin)
30 g butter
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salmon roe (Ikura)
1. Sprinkle salt over sashimi quality scallops before cooking.
2. Preheat the pan, melt the butter and add the scallops.
3. Fry 10 seconds per side and plate.
4. Top with Uni and garnish with shredded shiso leaves. Season with salt, olive oil and soy sauce.