(1) Chilled Potato Soup with Dashi Jelly
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 large potatoes
1/2 tsp granulated consommé
400 ml milk
200 ml heavy cream
2/3 tsp salt
For dashi jelly:
3 g sheet gelatin
200 ml Katsuo dashi
1/3 tsp salt
Shiso leaves to taste
1. Cut the potatoes and onions and microwave.
2. Blend together with the milk, heavy cream, salt and granulated consommé.
3. Chill the pureed soup.
4. Hydrate the gelatin and dissolve in warm dashi. Season with salt and refrigerate.
5. Pour the chilled soup into a bowl and spoon the set jelly on top. Garnish with shredded shiso leaves.
(2) Pork Shabu-shabu Salad with Japanese Herbs
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1 block pork loin, thinly sliced for shabu-shabu
1 head cabbage
1 green chili
2 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sushi vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Shred the cabbage and soak in boiling water. Take it out.
2. Cut the pork into thin slices and flatten the meat.
3. Bring the water to a boil again and turn off the heat. Drop the pork slices into the pot.
4. For the dressing, combine the sesame oil, sushi vinegar, soy sauce and grated ginger.
5. Plate the cabbage and pork. Pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with sliced Myoga and green chili.