Israel approves operational plans in Lebanon as clashes with Hezbollah continue

Israel's military says it has approved operational plans for an offensive in Lebanon, as cross-border armed clashes with the Lebanese Shia Muslim group Hezbollah continue.

The military made the announcement in an apparent step to check Hezbollah's action. The military said it decided to increase the readiness of troops in northern Israel, near the border with Lebanon.

The moves came after Hezbollah, which shows solidarity with the Palestinian Islamic group Hamas, released footage of Israeli military facilities on Tuesday. Hezbollah says the video was taken by a drone flying over Israel.

In the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military continues its attacks against Hamas.

A Palestinian media outlet reported on Wednesday that at least seven citizens were killed as Israeli warplanes bombed tents for evacuees in southern Gaza.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement on Tuesday referring to his talks last week with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

The statement said Netanyahu told Blinken it is "inconceivable" that the US administration has been withholding weapons and ammunitions to Israel in the past few months. Netanyahu added, "Give us the tools and we'll finish the job a lot faster."

The remarks appear to suggest his dissatisfaction about the US withholding of arms, Israel says, needed for the war in Gaza.

Blinken told reporters on Tuesday that the US government has been reviewing one shipment of large bombs to Israel on US concerns over the country's use in a densely-populated area in Gaza. But he said shipments of other weapons are proceeding as usual.