Ukraine's national security and defense council secretary, Oleksiy Danilov, has indicated that the plans for the country's anticipated counteroffensive against Russia have not been approved.
He said, "There are no people who know exactly all of our plans. Because the plan has not been finalized yet." He made the statement in an interview with a public broadcaster on Tuesday.
Danilov also stressed that President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, will be the one who will make the final decision on the timing and direction.
Expectations for Ukraine's counteroffensive are rising in the country and elsewhere. But the Ukrainian government and its forces are apparently making careful preparations to ensure a successful outcome.
Some believe Ukraine forces will launch a counteroffensive as early as this month. Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov said, at the end of last month, "We will do it as soon as there is God's will, the weather and the decision of the commanders."