North Korea has denounced South Korea's acquisition of F-35 stealth fighter jets from the United States and has threatened to develop what it calls special armaments to destroy them.
The denunciation came in a statement issued on Thursday by the policy research director at the North Korean Foreign Ministry's Institute for American Studies.
It says the South Korean authorities are about to bring in two F-35 fighters again in mid-July, immediately after the introduction of such fighters in March.
The statement refers to the third US-North Korea summit that was held at the truce village of Panmunjom last month.
It says the South Korean authorities are going to bring in lethal weapons that would harm their compatriots at a time when the historic summit has created a positive atmosphere on the Korean Peninsula.
The statement says this is an "extremely dangerous action" that will increase the military tensions on the peninsula.
It says North Korea has no other choice but to develop and test the special armaments to "completely destroy the lethal weapons."
North Korea has been criticizing South Korea for continuing military drills with the US, even though the scale of the joint exercises has been reduced since the first US-North Korea summit in June last year.