North and South Korea have postponed for one day their working-level talks scheduled for Wednesday.
The 2 sides are to meet at the truce village of Panmunjom on Thursday to discuss security and the protocol for an inter-Korean summit on April 27th.
North Korea had requested the delay late on Tuesday. South Korea notified Pyongyang on Wednesday morning that the request had been accepted.
South Korea also said it has accepted the North's proposal to hold a separate working-level meeting on Saturday to discuss setting up a hotline between their leaders.
The 2 sides had agreed to set up the hotline to help reduce military tensions and to have consultations. They had also agreed to have the leaders hold their first phone conversation before the summit.
South Korean Unification Ministry spokesperson Baik Tae-hyun says the North gave no reason for the postponement. He added that he sees no change in the North's preparations for the summit, citing the Saturday working-level meeting on the proposed hotline.
North and South Korea are also considering holding another ministerial-level meeting, their third this year.