*You will leave NHK website.
Jan. 14, Wed.
The Changing Face of Ueno
Home to many museums and other cultural attractions, Ueno has long played a key role in contributing to Tokyo's unique identity with its old-fashioned down-to-earth appeal. Plus it's a great place to shop!
Further Info- Tokyo University of the Arts
- The University Art Museum
- Frame workshop: Le Cadre Futsuundou-Asao
http://members2.jcom.home.ne.jp/un_cadre/ (in Japanese only)
* Address: 1-5-9 Ueno-sakuragi, Taito-ku
* Open: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., no fixed holidays
- Gallery/shop: Cue Cue Cue Company
http://www.cuecuecuecompany.com/ (in Japanese only)
* Address: 1-11-5-303 Higashi-ueno, Taito-ku
* Open: Thursdays, weekends and Public Holidays 2 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Wooden toy shop: Pop in
http://www.popin-gift.info/1 (in Japanese only)
* Address: 1-8-6 Ueno-sakuragi, Taito-ku
* Open: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Tokyo University of the Arts x Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum joint art project: TOBI Gateway Project
- National Museum of Nature and Science
- Shopping street between Ueno and Okachimachi Station: Ameyoko
http://www.ameyoko.net/ (in Japanese only)
* Business hours vary by shops
- Performance space dedicated to idol groups: Ameyoko Idol Theater
http://www.ameyoko-idol.com/schedule.html (in Japanese only)
* Address: 5F Ueno Ameyoko Center bldg., 4-7-8 Ueno, Taito-ku
* Please check the event schedule before going
- Yakitori pub: Daitoryo
http://www.ameyoko.net/shop/280 (in Japanese only)
* Address: 6-10-14 Ueno, Taito-ku
* Open: 10 a.m.-12 a.m. daily