May 28, Wed.*This program was first broadcast on Mar. 19
Tokyo lunch latest
Midday is a busy time in Tokyo, with countless eateries competing for the custom of hungry lunch-hour crowds. Recent trends include restaurants catering to diverse demands--great for visitors with special requirements. Today we explore the ever-evolving Tokyo lunchtime scene.
Further Info- Soba noodle shop: Pont neuf
* Address: 2-17-6 Shinbashi, Minato-ku
* Open 5 a.m.-2 a.m.
- One-coin lunch: Hakata Mangetsu, Shinbashi branch
* Address: BOX'R Shinbashi B2, 3-23-1 Shinbashi, Minato-ku
* Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Dinner: Monday through Saturday 5 p.m.-12 a.m., closed Sunday
- Buffet-style lunch: Tsuzuri
http://www.newtokyo.co.jp/tempo/tsuzuri/tsuzuri.htm (in Japanese only)
* Address: Togyo-kaikan, Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc. headquarters building B1, 1-9-3 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku
* Lunch: Monday through Saturday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Tea time: Monday through Saturday 2 p.m.-5 p.m., Dinner: Monday through Friday 5 p.m.-11 p.m., closed Sunday and Public Holidays
- Food trucks in Tokyo International Forum: Neo Stall
http://www.w-tokyodo.com/neostall/space/t-i-forum (in Japanese only)
* Address: 1F Tokyo International Forum, 3-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku
* Open 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Kaiseki lunch: Juhaku
- Halal food supermarket: GREEN NASCO
* Address: 2-10-8 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku-ku
- Indonesian restaurant: Merah Putih Cafe
- Rice flour pasta: Kakurenbo
http://kakurenbo.robust-inc.com/ (in Japanese only)
* Address: 2F Saito bldg., 2-2-20 Machiya, Arakawa-ku
* Lunch: Weekdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Weekends and Public Holidays: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Dinner: everyday 6 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Japanese school lunch: Kyushoku Toban
http://www.kyusyokutoban.com/kyusyoku/index.htm (in Japanese only)
* Address: 1-4-4 Motoasakusa, Taito-ku
* Lunch: Monday through Saturday 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Dinner: 6 p.m.-11 p.m., closed Sunday and Public Holidays