May 7, Wed.
Shinjuku Labyrinth, Part 1
With six rail companies bringing passengers to this major terminal, Shinjuku is the busiest station in the world. It's also one of the easiest places in the world to lose your way. This time we explore the business district to the west of the station, seeking out fun spots for visitors.
Further Info- Observation lounge: Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Misting sauna: Tokyo Gas Showroom
http://home.tokyo-gas.co.jp/showroom/tss/ (in Japanese only)
* 3-7-13 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
* Open: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., closed Wednesday, New Year's holiday, Summer holiday
- Personal plan for special occasions: Keio Plaza Hotel
- Spa: Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Pottery studio: COM Tougei
http://www.com-tougei.com/ (in Japanese only)
* Reservation required from the website
- Bar district: Shinjuku Omoide Yokocho
http://www.shinjuku-omoide.com/access/index.html (in Japanese only)
- Self-service sake bar: Sake-kurabe
http://sakekurabe.seesaa.net/ (in Japanese only)
* Address: 10F Yamatoya bldg., 1-13-7 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
* Open 5:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m.