1. Rinse the rice lightly and pour off the murky water.
2. Rub the rice by scooping it with your hand and pulling it back. Do this very gently several times.
3. Pour water over it, rinse the rice lightly, and discard the cloudy water.
Repeat this procedure until the water doesn't get cloudy anymore.
4. Strain it, and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
5. Put it in a pot, and pour in the same amount of water as there is rice.
6. Put the lid on, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
When it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low, and let the rice simmer and steam for 12 minutes.
When it's done, turn off the heat, and let it steam with the lid on for 10 more minutes.