Home > NHK WORLD TV Program Monitors
NHK is seeking viewers who will watch and submit comments regularly on NHK WORLD TV programs. The comments and suggestions will be utilized for enhancing our program quality.
If you are interested, please carefully read the requirements indicated below; if you are confident fulfilling below requirements and consent to what you are requested to do, please apply from the bottom form.
NHK WORLD TV Program Monitors
1. Requirements for becoming NHK WORLD TV Program Monitor
The applicants for NHK WORLD TV Program Monitor should:
- (1) be living outside of Japan;
- (2) be able to tune into NHK WORLD TV at any time, or be able to watch NHK WORLD TV on internet (via NHK WORLD web page, iPhone app, iPad app and Android app);
- (3) be aged 18 or older;
- (4) have a good conduct of English language, have confidence in writing comments on NHK WORLD TV programs;
- (5) have a bank account which can receive money transfer made in Yen, U.S. Dollars, Euros, or Pound Sterling.
Please note that:
- (1) those who do not have the 24-hour access to NHK WORLD TV channel are not eligible to apply.
For example, if you are watching NHK WORLD TV:
- (a) through your local PBS station or other channels such as Tokyo TV, which only carry parts of NHK WORLD TV news/programs
- (b) watching NHK's English language programs through Japanese language channels such as NHK WORLD PREMIUM, TV JAPAN, JSTV
- (2) Only one person per household is eligible to apply. If any member of your household has already been assigned as NHK's Program Monitor or NHK Monitor of any other field, and is currently actively contributing as such, you are kindly requested to refrain from applying.
- (3) Present NHK WORLD TV Program Monitors are requested NOT to apply.
2. Assignment of NHK WORLD TV Program Monitor
Program Monitors are requested to watch and submit their comments in English language (in about 500 - 600 words) on six (6) NHK WORLD TV programs per calendar month, in principle. Program Monitors may choose the program to watch and comment on from the list of programs that will be specified by NHK at a later date. The Program Monitors shall fill in the designated Monitoring Form for program evaluation and commenting, and send it to NHK via e-mail no later than one (1) week from airing of the monitored program.
3. Assignment Period:
For six (6) month-period, between October 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014.
Program Monitors will be paid the remuneration of 3,000 Japanese Yen per each contribution of Monitoring Form submitted to NHK.
5. How to Apply
Please fill in the below mail form for application. When applying, you are requested to provide certain personal information, and write an essay in about 200 words, giving your views and thoughts about the program of your choice. Within this essay, please also include one (1) or two (2) sentences, on why you were interested to apply and become our Program Monitor.
6. Application Period
From 3:00 (UTC) on August 1, 2013 (Thu.), till 9:00 (UTC) on August 7 (Wed.).
7. Appointment of Monitors
Monitors shall be appointed after a careful selection by NHK through examination of all submitted applications and essays. The result shall be informed to each applicant via e-mail by mid September, 2013.
8. On Handling of Personal Data/Information
Any personal data/information of applicants shall be used only for the purpose of Monitor selection and related matters. It shall be carefully handled and never revealed to third parties. For more details about NHK's policy on handling of personal data/information, please access http://www.nhk.or.jp/privacy/english/.