Home > About NHK WORLD
About NHK WORLD
NHK WORLD is NHK's international broadcast service.
NHK operates international television, radio and Internet services. Together, they are known as NHK WORLD
The Aims of NHK WORLD
- To provide both domestic and international news to the world accurately and promptly.
- To present information on Asia from various perspectives, making the best use of NHK's global network.
- To serve as a vital information lifeline in the event of major accidents and natural disasters.
- To present broadcasts with great accuracy and speed on many aspects of Japanese culture and lifestyles, recent developments in society and politics, the latest scientific and industrial trends, and Japan's role and opinions regarding important global issues.
- To foster mutual understanding between Japan and other countries and promote friendship and cultural exchange.
NHK WORLD TV is an English-language television service for viewers all over the world.
NHK WORLD TV provides the very latest information from Japan, Asia and the rest of the world, as well as a wide variety of programming, 24 hours a day.
As of January, 2014, NHK World TV is available to 273 million households in more than 140 countries /regions through local satellite services and cable service providers etc.
NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN broadcasts news and information in 18 languages.
NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN provides a total of 58 hours and 40 minutes a day of broadcasts in 18 languages. Programs on current, cultural and other events are broadcast direct from Japan (KDDI Yamata Transmitting Station) or via overseas SW/MW/FM relay stations and broadcast satellites.
Arabic, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese, English, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Thai, Urdu, Vietnamese
International Broadcast Programs Council and NHK WORLD
International Broadcast Programs Council is established as a body to guarantee the autonomy of broadcasting pursuant to the provision of the article 6 of the Broadcast Act (Act No. 132 of 1950). The Council members are commissioned from persons with relevant knowledge and experience and meet on a regular basis. NHK consults with International Broadcast Programs Council when it intends to set forth or to amend a basic plan relating to the program standards and editing of the broadcast programs. When International Broadcast Programs Council draws up a report or expresses an opinion, NHK respects such and takes necessary measures.
NHK WORLD TV, NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN mailform
- 2-2-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8001, JAPAN
NHK WORLD PREMIUM
Japan International Broadcasting, Inc., Customer Center click here