Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why does NHK WORLD broadcast to overseas audiences?
- NHK’s international broadcasts are transmitted via television, radio, and Internet services. “NHK WORLD” refers to the complete range of services involved with dispatching information overseas using those media.
- NHK WORLD's main objectives are:
- To provide both domestic and international news to the world accurately and promptly.
- To present information on Asia from various perspectives, making the best use of NHK’s global network.
- To serve as a vital information lifeline in the event of major accidents and natural disasters.
- To present broadcasts with great accuracy and speed on many aspects of Japanese culture and lifestyles, recent developments in society and politics, the latest scientific and industrial trends, and Japan’s role and opinions regarding important global issues.
- To foster mutual understanding between Japan and other countries and promote friendship and cultural exchange.
For further details, please refer to About NHK WORLD .